View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: A short post on something I\'m doing these days

maybe I'm being shortsighted, but I'm really a seller of observed information vs compiled data. I guess the biggest reason is sample size. It's impossible to get more than 2-3 "observations" on any substantial amount of players, so there is a sample/size and scaleability effect their.

secondly, I can't for the life of me see where something you observe could be more valuable than a stat telling his play over a much larger amount of hands....definitely not pre-flop, and surprisingly, even for me, post-flop.

pokertracker really is an amazing tool.

How about this, I want to be proved wrong, and imagine I will be with this challenge, but why dont you come up with a few observations that can prove more valuable to me than I could get from a corresponding PT stat of my choice describing the situation. The objective here is to takeaway information on a player from a previous hand that will help you play better vs him on subsequent hands. So observation better vs, say 1k hands of PT data. or whatever number of hands you choose, because I think any sample size arguement that refutes PT data, can be used against observational information....

but just try to give me examples and I will try to refute, If i cannot I will graciously admit defeat and mend my ways....it may even be in this manner that we do discover there is something different between limits, but I can't see what...