View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: AJs, flop top pair + flush draw,.25/.50 NL, big pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising AJs in this spot (which is not a premium hand in my mind) is only going to bloat the pot, making it difficult to play a one pair hand properly. Your opponents will be making the same post flop mistakes in smaller pots than they will in larger ones (indeed, these mistakes are highlighted due to the much smaller pot size).

In limit this is a clear raise for value but in no limit there are other more important considerations, notably pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a problem when OOP. Playing one pair hands is much easier when you have position. You will often get better hands to fold to your CB when you bet the flop. If called, you have position the rest of the way.

I think raising here becomes suboptimal if you are noticing people limping in with hands like AQ and AK from early and middle position. Otherwise, it is fine IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was the first hand in an hour I had seen AK limp reraised, I thought he might have AK when I called the re-raise, but since we each had over 150BB, +position, I called the extra 4.75.