View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: something i have been doing of late

[ QUOTE ]
i believe in 30/22. i don't know that your plan is the greatest though, bob. my VPIP went up over time as i became a better player and started finding more spots where i thought could play hands profitably. i didn't wake up one day and say 30/20 is the way to go, someone make me a starting chart. i just go and play every hand the best i think i can, and at the end of the day if my stats end up around 30/22 or 25/16 so be it, it won't make much difference. i'm the only one who will really even notice. i'd be much more concerned about improving my game and trying to up my winrate at my current level than playing 10x smaller limits just so i can maybe add more hands against far better players later. i guess you think hitting 30/20 will improve your winrate, and that may be true over time, but i don't think you can go from 22-24 to 30 overnight and expect immediate results.

if you really want to play near 30/20, well i wouldn't recommend playing out of the BB like flawless does, but like he said i think just doing a bit more stealing and probably a lot more isolating is what gets your numbers up there. i really don't think we're playing many more hands in EP than the rest of you. i'm quite confident though that slowly increasing your VPIP bit by bit until it gets up there is a much better idea than playing 25% more hands immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate once listed 5 steps to getting 3 BB+ at 10/20 short. Can anyone find that post?

Krishan