View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Serious Rant about telling people about 2+2 (Long) but w/ content IMO

[ QUOTE ]
obviously a great percentage of low limit profit derives from poor opening play.

take away that percentage, and the profit necessarily falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, there are many who would struggle at tight tables. If every table became a "rock garden" the games would be tougher to beat if the player were unable to adapt.

My point is that if these players are poor hand readers they will spew chips unnecessarily in cases where, for example, it is obvious that their top pair (or second pair) is no good. Calling down too much is a more expensive mistake than playing too many hands preflop, but no preflop chart will tell you that.

My other point is that on party .50/1 is the lowest limit. Players who are just there for fun or who think they have the game mastered will never care about correct preflop play. I have some very intelligent friends who will never believe that they should fold any 2 cards before they see the flop, because you just never know if you'll hit 2 pair. I've seen players at high limits who follow this same strategy.

You can talk about horseracing and I'll freely admit I know nothing about it. But poker is more about playing the player than following rigid guidelines. As long as there are worse players than the "tag" in question, whether they are worse preflop or postflop, there is money to be made (consider the fundamental thoerum of poker). And bad is a relative term.