View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Top Two facing aggression after a Pre-flop raise (stars .5/1)

Sorry I was too quick and did misread your position. That would make a difference if you a draw to go with top 2, but otherwise not and thus a fold is indicated. You are right about the lower straight draws, but what I meant was something like QJTx and not on the lower end. Players usually don't play the lower end draws fast because a card that makes them can make someone else a higher straight. But this would be player dependent stuff.

The problem is that even having position here and suspecting a straight draw is being played overaggressively, even when he blanks the turn he is still most likely going to pot it unless he things you are capable of slowplaying a set here in position with that kind of board. Top 2 in omaha when you have no draws to go with it is often like TPTK in no limit where you would prefer to keep the pot small. So barring a strong read that you are winning, in which case you should reraise, then I would still prefer to fold.

Also another possible holding he could have to get you to dump is something like KQJT where he has the same made hand plus a straight draw, and thus a type of freeroll. Again that is another situation to avoid playing a big pot in.