View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Dodging a check-raise?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Every time you play a hand differently from the way you would have played it if you could see all your opponents cards they gain; and every time you play your hand the same way you would have played it if you could see or their cards they lose."

There is more but that is the relevant bit. Therefore if I knew he had a queen then checking is correct as I only have 2 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you want to bring the FTOP into the conversation then you shouldve checked on the flop. So while your play on the turn may have been correct, your flop play was incorrect - with regards to the FTOP of course.

However I agree with your check on the turn as even as I was reading the hand I got the tingling check raise sensation. Btspider analysis was good from a math standpoint but I firmly believe that occasionally instincts overrule math.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was perhaps the sub-conscious reason for the post. Can we ever make an "instictive" play. I am a math guy as most aspiring limit players are but just now and again can we listen to that little voice?