Thread: Crazy ride!
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Crazy ride!

Just wanted to share the little story of my recent swings. I have only been playing for real money since June of this year at the same time I picked up HOH and then started reading here at this site. Overall from June to Sept I deposited 600 bucks. I only play at Pokerroom (for now) and ended up losing 360ish to playing blackjack. And lost about 225 to playing Hold em. I was playing a mix of SnGs and $25 No Limit. Well when I got to around 15 bucks left at the end of September I switched to Limit .25/.50 and had built my BR back up to around 150. Last Monday I decided to have a little fun after winning a few bucks at the ring tables and entered a 5+.50 MTT with about 450 people in it. I ended up finishing 4th in that getting paid about 180 and then entered another one, well actually 2 on Saturday. The second one had around 650 people in it and I managed 5th place in it getting around 160. So I now have just over 510 bucks in my bankroll and only need 90 more to break even. Dam those blackjack tables, if only I had stayed away from them...

I know this could just be normal variance but feel that I have really improved my game in the past few months in reading the forums here and by just playing. For a while when my bankroll was on the downswing I think I was playing timid and playing timid poker is playing losing poker. I think switching over to Limit even with low funds gave me at least mentally a chance to play more aggressive.

Anyway thanks to those here at 2 plus 2 for the great site and advice given here. I know no one here really know me but I hope to be around for a while and get to know at least a few people.