View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Maybe a better example

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if he is checking the turn he probably wasn't calling a bet anyway. So as a default do you bet or check/call rivers when that happens?

[/ QUOTE ]
Against the opponent in hand one (the TAG) I bet. He's not value betting/bluffing the river often after having the turn checked through, but he might have hit a pair on the river and he'll call more hands than he'll bet so I go ahead and bet the river. I assume a pretty drawless board as (in both your examples he's not likely to be on a draw, he might think you are in hand 2 though). Otherwise my action depends on the board and of course also the rivercard, but most often I bet. EDIT: He's not paying off with K-high if he's a good tag, since in that case he would probably had bet the turn for a free sd instead.

[ QUOTE ]
Incidentally, if you knew the other player was a thinking TAG on the A72 board, you know he'd almost always C/R a pair of decues, 7's, or another PP, but call with the A. So it seems that in that situation, checking the turn is correct, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
C/r? He has position. Did you mean raise? Or did you mean we're the pfr with position?