View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Re: Simple hand, is this a weak/tight fold? NL 200 6 max

[ QUOTE ]
think villain's ~half pot bet against three opponents is weak - if he had a made hand (TPTK, 2 pair, set) with possible flush and straightdraws out there - I assume he would've bet the pot to shut out the opposition. This leads me to believe he is on a draw himself.
By the time it comes back to you, I would raise to $16. Check-raise is a powerfull (semi)bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

oop, i think is better to do what the others said. if you check-call flop, then bet on turn(assuming safe card), he might lay down the draw. checkraising the flop can lead to all sorts of craziness. maybe he lays down a better hand(doubtful). perhaps, he will call with a worse hand(possible). however, you will never really know where you are at until its too late, due to position. worst case scenario for you is that he then comes back over the top with a good draw (fundamental mistake), forcing you to fold the best hand(even bigger fundamental mistake). btw, i just fold this and move on. but i like the check-call, lead turn line more now that i think about it. how much would you bet on the turn?