View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Losing Weight Fast

Yeah, I caught pneumonia.

I came home for christmas and my parents had lots of people staying that year, so my old room was already occupied. I slept on a mattress in the semi-finished basement. Unfortunately, prior to my arrival, the mattress had been stored in the garage and had gotten a bit damp. It wasn't soaked, it just felt cold, which, as it had been in a garage, seemed reasonable. I just threw some sheets on it and passed out. I felt like crap the next day, but thought I was just coming down with the flu or something, I'd just been on a 26 hour, three flight journey home. Still, the mattress just seemed cold, which, as it was in a semi finished basement, seemed reasonable. So I slept on it a second night. The second day I'd already experienced noticeable weight loss and I was hospitalized that afternoon (december 23rd!) Some smart relative thought to remove the sheets and check the mattress and determined it was indeed damp.

Anyways, I was put on IV, spent the night in the hospital, lost some more weight before stabilizing and was released Christmas morning. Gained back most of the weight over the next week.