Thread: a DERB hand
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: a DERB hand

[ QUOTE ]
He calls turn and river, even if both miss him. He does not fold A high here. He also would never fold to a raise on the river...

His river play is not mixed strategy. He doesn't even care what his opponents have, he only cares what he has - see his flop check on this hand for further evidence of that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please give some evidence for how the hell you could possibly know any of this. You state this like you know it for a fact. I find this virtually impossible to believe.

I don't know that he's using a mixed strategy. I'm simply noting the following facts which suggest he may be:

- mixed strategies are good and profitable
- it would be hard to recognize someone using one
- there is lots of confusion about how DERB plays, including dissension about whether or not he would fold to a raise here. this confusion is consistent with a mixed strategy
- DERB seems to be winning consistently and we're having a hard time explaining why any other way

Somehow you just know this is not what's happening. You choose wording like he does not, he can't, and he never... Please explain how you've hit on this insight.

-Eric

PS. In my short sessions with DERB, I found that he folded the river in many spots that surprised me. My short experience is not consistent with your "always / never" analysis above.