View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Management & Shot Taking (essay/long)

I want people to understand that I am not offering a strict model of how you should practice bankroll management. There are alot of people who are more conservative with money then others and that is fine. Every situation is unique and telling people that you need (x)BBs in order to play a limit isn't accurate because it varies from person to person. If you don't feel comfortable playing 100/200 with 1/4th of your bankroll then you shouldn't. I just want you to realize that you are probably sacrificing long term earn and development for the sake of being risk adversed when you already have a very low risk or ruin if you are playing on a 1000BB bankroll. The purpose of this thread is to help people who have trouble deciding how to manage their bankroll come to better conclusions about good bankroll management practice, not to tell people how they should be managing their money. The overall message I am trying to send is that taking shots in games where your hourly earn is greater is a great model for building your bankroll. Whether you want to take a shot in the 100/200 game or the 30/60 game depends on alot of factors other than your hourly earn and it's up for you to decide what is right for you and what you feel comfortable doing.