Thread: Another 77 hand
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Another 77 hand

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt I would have made the turn raise, but I think I like it. It's entirely possible you're ahead here, and if UTG+2 happens to fold 88/99, then that's great (so long as you're beating the other players).

There is the question of what you're representing. A slowplayed set, I guess (or maybe K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]).

I might have 3-bet the flop. Or I might've cold-called, like you did. To be honest, I would have been lost during this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've decided I don't like the turn raise.

My thoughts (flame away if necessary):

We can see the river and the river action action last for only 1 BB. As it stands, we may end up paying 3 BBs on this turn (With 3 outs to the nuts, folding that turn is not in my book, especially if sb and/or MP are still in the hand, of course.)

Even if we do raise and no one three bets, can we call a river donk bet, even if it's not a scare card?

Yes, there's a decent chance we're ahead. However, the more I look at TAG's turn bet, the more I think we may be behind. He's just led into 2 people that called 2 cold on the flop. Even if he is semi-bluffing with 2 dimaonds (assuming he didn't have something like KTs or maybe KJs), he certainly will not fold that. I think we're risking 2 or 3 BBs here on the turn with a hand that is still vunerable (at best) in a multiway pot.

I want to keep it cheap at this point.