View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Sony CDs Rootkit Your Systems (Bad news)

[ QUOTE ]
i think people who love the food and hate the service that never go back after the first trip are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on this 100%.

[ QUOTE ]
hink it's dumb to take a good idea like not getting walked on as a customer and proceeding to [censored] yourself by refusing to patronize an establishment instead of actually getting them to address the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. However, a sony boycot isn't exactly [censored] yourself is it? You've got tons of alternatives for almost all of their products. A boycott would be of little inconvenience let alone [censored] yourself.

Look, basically I agree with everything you say except for the fact that indivual boycotts are useless. Think about it. Why does the "media's 'contacting the manager'" work in the first place? It's because they are afraid of declining sales. If you tell people an individual boycott is useless (and they listen to you) than you pretty much take away the power of the media to contact the manager.

Yes I know it's in the news. Still, if the populace is educated or conditioned not to boycott (as you seem to be doing) then the media loses it's power

Also, there is a long history of boycotts of products irrelevant to the issues being the critical factor in swaying the company to change it's stance in a different area. So telling people that boycotting the whole company isn't an acceptable route simply isn't true.

[ QUOTE ]
i guess i'm a real freedom-hating heretic for suggesting that this topic just might have been noticed already.

[/ QUOTE ]

freedom hating Heretic? I hope this is an attempt at humor.

[ QUOTE ]
for weeks now you can't read the news without running into the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well great! Now don't go around convincing people they are powerless.

[ QUOTE ]
does this mean i don't care? no. does this mean i'm not going to [censored] myself over and refuse to buy a playstation 3 or whatever if it's a product i want? that's exactly what it means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a playstation 3 doesn't exactly have an equivalent does it? As for music, camera's, stereos, etc there are tons of ways to boycott without [censored] yourself.

Sorry if my post was a little unorganized. It's 5AM after all and I need sleep.