View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Big stacks and implied odds

This reminds me of this post. Deep Stacks, Implied Odds, Preflop Play and The State of SSNL

I think that all of these questions depend on your confidence in your postflop play and the postflop play of your opponent.

Just off the top of my head ill take a shot at some of these...

[ QUOTE ]
You hold 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . He raises to 5x the BB. How many BBs should (the minimum of) your two stacks have in order for you to call here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say minimum 50 BBs in each of our respective stacks.

[ QUOTE ]
Same question, but now you hold T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] .

[/ QUOTE ]
Being out of position, I would want each of us to have 200 BBs minimum before I thought about calling.

[ QUOTE ]
Same question, but now you hold 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] .

[/ QUOTE ]
Same as the previous hand, 200 BBs each.

[ QUOTE ]

What about junky hands like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ? I'd imagine that it would make sense to play these hands if the stacks were really big (not that limping in the first place makes as much sense but let's worry about that here).

[/ QUOTE ]

The villain would have to be impossibly bad postflop to make calling OOP with these hands correct, no matter how deep the stacks IMO. If limping is not correct then obviously calling a raise cant be.