View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:17 AM

Default $ 180,000 ? ? ?

If I may ask . . .

How much are you up for the year ?

Perhaps a better question would be what are/were your expectations or projections for the year ?

How much have you received in rake rebates ?

What limits do you typically play ?

Although I am very curious as to your responses - especially since the rake should not be costing more than half of your gross winnings - one thing doesn't change.

The sites are living high off the hog while we scrounge for crumbs.

But what is the alternative ?

I have neither the desire, the capital nor the know-how to start my own site.

Oh, and by the way, those crumbs are more than I, and probably many others, have ever or will ever earn - at least on an hourly basis.

I posess no talents other than poker that allow me to sit in my den, watch TV, talk on the phone and earn what I earn playing online.

Hell, I don't have very many talents that allow me to earn what I earn doing anything else anywhere.

I have a job that I love that pays me far less than I want/need/deserve; well, maybe not less than I need but definitely less than I want.

Poker fills the void and I enjoy it.

I remember back to when it cost 6% of the amount of the deposit to fund your acct. using a CC and not all the sites allowed you to "work off" this fee.

Sign-up or re-up bonuses ? HA ! Surely you jest.

Over time conditions improved.

Party and the handful of other major players will not have it as good as they now do forever.

The rake will drop; certainly not tomorrow, likely not this year and maybe not next but it will come down.

I took only the core requirements in Economics but I learned enough to know that in business as in chemistry "nature abhors a vacuum".

Given time the 5%, max. $3 rake will be something only the old folks remember.

A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY THOUSAND IN RAKE ? ? ?

I have a few dollars sitting around; if you're looking for investors to help defray the cost of starting a site I might be interested.

All I'd want in return would be the privelege of playing there rake-free forever.

Best wishes,

- Chris