View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Jeff W vs. Sthief09 vs. Surfbullet vs. Schneids (Long Transcript)

[ QUOTE ]

His line should also serve to make me think twice about pounding him every time we're HU, but unfortunately for him he didn't follow up on this and allowed me to take the post flop initiative over and over later in the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the idea...but as you said, I lost whatever metagame benefits I had by repeatedly letting you have the initiative. At first I had realized that you would bet far more hands than you would call with, but I took it too far - rope a dope works until you start to wonder whether you are actually the dope.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Surprisingly I felt confident when I was playing against Jeff - but he may have been lying about some of the hands he claimed to have when I made what I thought was a good laydown, etc. If that's the case then he was pushing me around pretty thoroughly, I can't wait to DL this and find out what his hole cards were [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It was Josh. who gave me fits. After he bluff-4bet my bluff bet-3bet in a huge pot on the river and got me to lay down A-hi I went on complete monkey tilt and blew 80BB or so. Fortunately that was $80, but still, I should SERIOUSLY be able to maintain some composure in that type of situation.

Edit: FWIW I think aside from a few hands early on I played terribly this session. I was wayyyy too passive and adjusted in bad ways - throwing random, senseless acts of aggression in alongside non-stop passive, check-folding play.

Surf