Thread: Another 77 hand
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Another 77 hand

Phil Hellmuth say to raise and reraise preflop with your 7s. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But, more seriously, I think I like your line, assuming that you are not putting another bet in UI. I think I like your line because UTG+2 may actually fold 88/99 here, assuming he would not open raise with them in EP. A flop raise might clear SB at best, and even that is not a given. So I think you have to chance it and see a turn, and then decide whether to raise based on the action.

The question is, what does UTG+2 have that we can beat or get to fold? I think 88/99 might fold here. (It should fold here, but that doesn't mean it will.) UTG+2 could have 55 or he could have Axs with x most likely a 6. I doubt he's betting anything less than a pair here when he continues on the turn.

I think you should this turn if your hand was 88 (negating your gutshot outs), but your weak draw plus the potential of ending up with the winning hand (either having it now or being second best to UTG+2's slightly higher pair that he will fold to your raise) is probably enough to making raising right. I think it is close though, and probably worth of some math, but I'm not very good at math anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]