View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: I have destroyed some lands this weekend

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to put things in perspective, not attacking with piledriver there is the equivelent of checking behind on the river in limit holdem when you have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was half way through writing this post when I decided it wasn't accurate. It more like not putting him all-in for his last $5 with the nuts on the river in 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

$5 is meaningless at 30/60. One damage, especially from that deck is huge. It's actually more than 5% of the entire game, but I don't want to get into magic game theory to explain why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick non-theory question. Do you have to win one of these tournaments to get to be Dungeon Master, or does that rotate?

[/ QUOTE ]

These, ladies and gentlemen, are the words of a man trying his damnedest to pretend that he's completely ignorant of a subject that he's far, far too cool to be publicly associated with.

Nerd. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I know a lot about Magic now. I had never heard of this game until I started playing online poker. Now I have lots of poker buddies like Paluka, ZeeJustin, and others who have told me all about Magic, plus I play against a ton of Magic players.

It is true, however, that I do not know any of the rules or anything, so I do ask what are probably very basic questions, like who is the Dungeon Master, how many sides on the dice, what kind of robes they wear and stuff like that.