View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Bush shows his true colors

Im not quite sure why we are getting into this argument...I think my position is quite clear. I said im not a bush appologist, and I stick by that.

Taxes are too high on the middle class. Taxes are too high on the "rich" (however you define rich...its a good catchall term, but meaningless without numbers), taxes are too high on corporations, and yes, that includes oil companies.

On the flip side though, we are spending too much on education, TSA, medicare, and a whole host of other issues. We are not using our defense and homeland security money efficiently. Is bush to blame for this? In large part yes. But we also have a congress who will not stand up for themselves against a president in their own party, and frankly thats sickening. That doesnt make me a bush appologist. That doenst make me a bad republican. That makes me a true conservative. I wish the leaders we have elected over the past 10 years would take the blinders off and start cutting taxes and cutting spending.

But, why is it okay to tax oil companies more than paper companies or telecomunications companies? Isnt a dollar earned a dollar earned?