View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: tough fold or standard? party 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the river and call the check/raise expecting to lose, but win enough times to make calling correct.

To those who say you should fold because your probably beat, this doesn't matter to me. If I bet any hand for value on the river and you raise me, I'm going to call every time unless I can specifically put you on a hand that got there. This is your reward for sucking out. But don't EVER think you're going to mouse me out of an 11 big bet pot with trickery.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hands like these your thoughts of 'some of the posters here are so scared of getting outplayed that they wont fold any hands that have the slightest chance of winning' echo in my head.

Even if this was a player who is good enough to consider a river checkraise this is not a good place to do it. We pretty much have the bottom hand of our shania and half the posters here don't want to fold that. THEN in to add to that, he has a lot of legit hands, KT AQ TJ, protecting his bluff, and continuing, some of his hands, KQ, have showdown value and very very very rarely do hands with showdown value bluff rather that simply and easily call. So, there's KT AQ JT that are legit, KQ that has showdown value, leaving only QT as the bluff hand (about 1/5 of his range) of which 1) he probably isn't a player to bluff raise (as most aren't) and 2) even if he is a player with bluff river raise in his poker skills this probably isn't a place for the play.

So if he has QT say you run into a player who will bluff raise this hand 1/10 against his total range you will be good roughly 1/40.