View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: check/raise, check/call?

[ QUOTE ]
if he is in "calldown mode" with A high you can bet the turn and the river now and get 2bets rather than one.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, that's the only reason i'm questioning my check. but hey, combinatorics, there's far less Ax hands than other hands he could call the flop cr with, so i'm not overly concerned.
[ QUOTE ]

as far as metagame considerations i generally like to play a ton of hands the same way to widen my range. i c/r this with any pair, any draw, and air (sometimes), and bet the turn in all the situations.

[/ QUOTE ]
i usually do too, but there are some times when i'm playing someone HU, and it happened when i was playing this guy, where i feel like giving up on the turn is best after my flop c/r gets called. so yeah he's seen me do this already, and yeah i went for the ol back-to-back checkraise once to deal with shania, he checked behind the turn then called the river. so c/r check again won't really change metagame much. it might have already changed the metagame though... an important thing that i failed to mention is that this guy isn't an overly tenacious value bettor. if i c/c the turn he'll check behind on the river with 55, 66, probably 7's. depending on the river he might bet A7, but he might check behind bad 8's as well.