View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: check/raise, check/call?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3handed you should bet this.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i usually bet this, this time i didn't, i explained why. are you saying that if we were in this same situation but it was 6 handed you like the turn check?
[ QUOTE ]
c/f river. why?

[/ QUOTE ]
are you saying i shouldn't c/f if i bet and get raised on the turn? if so, i disagree. if you're saying i shouldn't c/f the river after checking the turn, i'm not going to.
[ QUOTE ]
he'll bet with any hands that beat you and take a free card with any hand you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
i already said this isn't the case at all, but ok.
[ QUOTE ]

sure you may get raised but it's unlikely he has a king in general (since its 3 handed) and thats really the only hand that raises you.

[/ QUOTE ]
if that's the only hand that raises me then why do you think i should call the river after a turn raise? i guess you did mean i can't c/f the river after checking the turn? and as was discussed earlier in the thread, getting raised by a better hand actually isn't of any concern to me he
re, so him raising a king isn't a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry i am very hung over or i would have read all your posts before posting this.
i see now that you are sort of trying to "induce a bluff". which is fine. but at the same time i think there are some metagame considerations, and you also have a TON of outs if you are indeed behind. plus, if he is in "calldown mode" with A high you can bet the turn and the river now and get 2bets rather than one.

as far as metagame considerations i generally like to play a ton of hands the same way to widen my range. i c/r this with any pair, any draw, and air (sometimes), and bet the turn in all the situations.