Thread: Trainwreck
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Trainwreck

good post mikey.

first, when you say you dont need to 3bet pf to get buotros out you state that "i dont need to worry about him b/c he'll fold the same hands for 2 bets as he would for 3..." but he's getting 5:1 now, closing the action.

he's not playing fewer hands now..he's playing MORE! many more if he knows you think he's that good and he knows he's that good then he'll be looking for more spots to tango, not turn in his dance card when at 5:1 its lookin pretty full.

on the flop i dont mind a cap and a turn bet. but given how it really looks like you have 7xs or something i think you can consider calling and c'ring the turn. he may 3 bet for a SD and u may have to call this down but given how you've been playing that move looks both strong AND odd.

it looks strong simply b/c you haven't done it before. and he knows you know you haven't done it yet this session in this situation. so he may call down light. or he may raise light, so you may have to call down.

or you can try the call and donk bet call down, which is popular for showdown reasons and not spewage reasons, but sometimes in this spot a little spewage is a good thing.

Barron