View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: the dude who\'s raising preflop, he\'s got QQ. I\'ve got T8s. I...

im against there grain here i guess.

at 4-8 id call and hope to build a large pot.

one of the things about this hand is that if the flop is Tc5h2s and you have top pair no kicker bd flush and its bet into you, you are gunna do the same thing as you would have called in sb after button raised in front of you except this time you KNOW the raiser's cards. you can now raise flops that are scary like A53 w/ 2 hearts and play the hand more aggressively to put maximum pressure on him to make a mistake, which he's more likely to believe you in the multiway pot. i bet your sb calling standards go down a lot if you know the button's cards. in fact, that is an interesting question in and of itself. this post is great b/c it provokes DS type questions, the analysis of which open your mind to good ways to think about the game. im just roaming here.

anyways, you dont have just him to be worried about. at any limit if UTG+1 raises and UTG+2 cold calls, there's likely a pot 'a brewin. i dont mind paying the maybe 3:1 against out of 1big bet (HU, much less multiway) if i am likely going into a big multiway pot with relative position AND info that nobody else has ...which i can now exploit.

a few questions: does HE know you saw his cards?

would 3 betting get this HU or 3 way with you in position? how likely?

Barron