View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: what should i do ?

[ QUOTE ]
$12/hr is considered good? Even if you suck, you should be able to make a minimum of $20/hr WITHOUT rakeback playing poker.

$12/hr is only 23k, working 40 hours a week. You live off that?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't say it was considered a good income. it sucks, actually. but for me it is good (i started at $8, so yeah being at $12 is pretty nice now). i can't expect more at some other random job, considering i didn't go to school (well i took some classes towards an associate degree in computer networking but i never finished, and wouldn't want to do that anyway) and i don't really have any other skills.

so yes i do live on that. actually i make less than what you said, since my job is seasonal and my hours are cut for a good part of the year. i live with my bf so i share expenses with him, but he makes even less than i do (10.50 i think, but he makes a little extra at poker).
there aren't any jobs around here (green bay, wisconsin) that i could get, that start off at $12/hr.

to say i should be able to make a minimum of $20/hr playing poker without rakeback even if i suck seems silly. if i was able to make money at all playing poker i wouldn't say i suck. you know ? i have 126,000 hands and make -0.73 BB/100 hands. so like i said, i would never count on poker to make money since i lose money playing poker - because i suck. !