View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Blind defense with A9s

tosh, it absolutely made my day that you used this notation to continue the discussion. thanks for that.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the PF is more like {0,35,65}. We got position and a good hand HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a problem with raising more. I tend to prefer to play it a little slower because I expect the SB to lead all flops, so I get the raise in then and try to convince him that I actually have a piece of the flop. After playing it slow preflop and hiding my strength, I'm more reluctant to just roll over on the flop and fold, especially since my raise can very convincingly suggest I have a piece of the flop.

I think your strategy and mine are substitutable against most opponents. Against a perfect playing poker machine, I'd guess yours is better.

[ QUOTE ]
This whole hand depends heavily on villain's traits. I'm not even gonig to try the flop since its so read dependant. All I know is that calling or folding is better than raising probably. Assigning numerical values would be too hard. Now if we were to assign ranges instead... Maybe {15-45,60-30,5-25}

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your ranges. They're pretty wide of course, but they still give you a good feel for approximately how to handle the hand. They leave room for trying to outplay your opponent by folding when you think the time is right, etc, but still confine you to some extent. "Go ahead and play back sometimes", they say, "but don't get carried away". "call enough to avoid being run over, but fold enough to respect the strength he's representing". Very interesting.

-eric