Thread: AK ugh
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: AK ugh

[ QUOTE ]
Only maniacs cap the flop? Maybe he can fold if 3-bet on the turn, but I think a checkraise is definitely the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only maniacs cap the flop and bet the turn with more than a handful of hands we are beating. But plenty of people will cap the flop and bet the turn with tons of hands that have us crushed.

Honestly I don't feel too great about my hand after the flop is capped. In my opinion the only real reason to lead the turn is to prevent UTG+2 from taking a free card with a draw. He certainly won't bet if he has a draw unless he's quite stupid, so going for the checkraising already has a strike against it since it gives up value when he does have a draw here. And we are going to be behind a lot of the time here--I don't think this flop gets capped by most players with pretty much any hand we beat if it's purely for value. Maybe KQo. But we certainly don't have an equity edge against this guy's range of hands, in my opinion.

What range of hands do you put UTG+2 on when he caps the flop, and of that range which hands do you think he is going to bet the turn with? Which of those hands do you think he is going to threebet the turn with?