View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Fun with middle connectors

0) yes I would play this hand because I expect to steal the blinds often enought that I won't have to win that often after the flop in order to show profit. Plus he plays badly post flop, so when I get a good flop I can value bet the sh*t out of him. When I get a weak draw I can often get free cards.

1)I think he calls the flop bet with Big cards, A flush draw. A medium overpair.

2) I bet if he is much tighter on the turn. If he still calls with overs, I check.

3)Any non diamond 6 or 7 could be an out. A non diamond 5 gives us the nuts. The diamond outs can be counted as partial.

4)I don't bet any A or diamond. Since we've been betting all the way, I bluff given ~5-1 with the nut low. I'm more confident if he is what I call a "LOOSE chaser", someone who will call liberally trying to improve but who will be reluctant to call on the river. This type of player could fold enough Q and K highs and perhaps some A high to justify my bluff. I would be more reluctant to bet a Q or K but I think I still bet it if I think villain folds A high. Actually if he folds A high on the river, but calls the turn with overs, I would bet every card but the A of diamond.