View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: More bad office habits

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that bothers me most at the office is the sound of typing. SOme people type so fast and have loud clicking keyboards that I can't focus on anything but that noise. In fact, it's one of the reasons I choose to work from my laptop at work instead of plugging in a keyboard. I just can't stand that noise. There are even several commercials on TV that use the "typing" sound and when those commercials come on I change the channel. I wear headphones at work and turn it up pretty load so I can focus and actually get things done. I've been caught swearing under my breath when someone not far away is typing like mad and I can't focus.

It's probably just me but I hate it. Why can't they make quiet keyborads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every building at my company is just a giant floor with desks everywhere (no cubes). You'd have to hear everyones' keyboards, desk phones, cell phones, every single noise. Apparently they did a study a few years back and determined that workers are distracted on average every 10 seconds. I guess they feel that managerial oversight is more important.

What kills me is that the same people always have their cell phones going off and laugh about it. I can understand not turning off the ringer here and there, but some ignorants [censored] never do.

Oh yeah, and repeatedly being trained to do something, and taking notes...and not having a goddamn clue every time...then hovering while watching me do something.