View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: My best post ever -- who wants to see the community cards?

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a pussy bet on the turn. Either tell him you have the T with a real bet or just check.

[/ QUOTE ]

A real bet commits me to get all-in, does it not? What do you think -- how likely is my hand to be good here? I agree that the minbet is stupid ... but I don't really want to take a big stand with this hand, and I don't really want to check. A few of my (probably stupid) reasons for the minbet were:

(1) If I'm ahead, I don't want to let him draw out for free. Assuming he has a lone ace overcard or a low pair or a gutshot, then I deny him proper pot odds to make the call.
(2) If I'm ahead, it hopefully confuses him as much as I was confused by his minbet, and may deter him from bluffing (I don't remember seeing him raise a small bet without a hand up to this point).
(3) If I'm behind, I either find out now or keep him from setting a higher price.

I had planned to make another small river bet if no ace fell. As it is, I think my worst play was on the river, where I checked -- if I minbet the turn I should at least throw out a small bet on the river with the plan of folding to a raise.

-J.A.