View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Bottom set. Wtf???

Fifth nut but a lot of action. Still, I am committed here. Sigh. You know the players better, so you may not be. Conveniently, because I am committed I can now ignore straights and sets. I am playing to maximize vs two pair and draw hands. The only hands that concern me are T9 and any hand with a 6, each of which have 8 outs and if both are present 14 outs. The pot is $2335 after my (theoretical) call. MP1 has $3700 left and MP2 has $1600 left rounded. Ok, pretty straightforward that I want UTG and MP2 all in. Therefore I am only playing MP1. I would raise at least $1,600 and if I think MP1 would call with 2 pair for >$1,600 but fold for an all in, I would pick an enticing number like $1,800 and give him his outs if he has a draw. Remember, if he has a draw - which is the only tiebreaking hand - he has to call without knowing what MP2 will do. He does not have odds to call even with the dead money and assuming you will call all in on the river. Only if they both have different draws does your lesser bet hurt you.

If MP1 is just as likely or more likely to call an all-in with two pair, by all means shove your stack in. Online that move can work very well.

In the odd event that you just call, I would lead the river for $1,500 on anything but a 4, 9 or J.