View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: i don\'t even want this draw anymore (broadway vs. possible full ho

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, my argument was not against the cap, but against the initial flop raise. Given villian's range, I think he is coming back with a 3-bet too often (by TT/JJ/KK/AA).

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course as soon as he 3-bet I regretted raising, but I've been finding it so easy to buy myself free cards, whether it be because they think my hand is better or whether they're going to go for a turn check-raise (which it seems like SB was going to). A lot of these passive guys at this level rarely 3-bet until the turn or even the river when they know their hand is good. But I'll be the first to admit that I overuse the free card/free showdown gambit, and I do end up charging myself a lot extra for a draw sometimes.

Given the flop action, can I ditch the hand on the turn? If so, the flop raise may have been worthwhile just for that privilege.

I have no idea what MP3's bet means there. If I assumed that SB was just going to call behind me (which I did) then I needed <40%-ish chance that the house was already there to draw. Does the check-raise really mean I can drop it for the second bet?

I really didn't want to pay 3BB to showdown a hand I wasn't enthusiastic about, but wasn't sure if I could drop it.