View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods big game

I went downstairs to play a $125 satellite. played at a table with maybe 4 total nivices and 2 decent players. Guy on my right built up an enormous chip lead with 6 left, maybe 65% of the chips. Kept saying he had been in the same position several times over the past few days and never cashed. Kept saying "no deals at this table."

So I chip away at the rest of the table and eventually get HU with him. He's up 65/35 chip-wise. I offer a split - he can have $700. he snorts and says no. meanwhile, he's turned weak-tight, and I get the chips to about even when this asian woman who i recognize as a player on the tourney circuit comes over and hassles us for not making a deal since they need tables for other sats.

I offer again - even split, $500 each. No way. You can guess the rest. I beat on him like a $2 mule until I have 70% of the chips and checkraise him all-in with J7o on a flop of J-8-7r. he calls with KJo, gets no help and stalks out of the room uttering nary a word as they handed me my 10 Franklins.

I heard a lot of pros saying those cash sats were better than the cash games upstairs because there was enough dead money around to get down to 2 or 3 player often and then make percentage deals. if my table was any indication, they were right.