View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 04:01 PM

Default The basics of Continuation bets.

[ QUOTE ]
I play 6 handed, 50 NL.

Raise 4x BB and get two callers, lets say they cold called, other times lets say they limped then called.

You have QJ and u get a flop like

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Is continuation bet worth it here when a lot of opponents could be calling your raise with an A in hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally I get to contribute something rather than leaching off you guys' brains!

I think you're asking if you should be worried that people play a lot of hands like AXo.

But in the example you showed this is not a continuation bet hand.

You need to semi bluff your double belly buster. Raise about 3/4 to 5/4 of the pot.

I suspect that the OP needs to keep posting and asking questions and working on his hand reading skills.

Things to keep in mind when you are considering a continuation bet.

1. Position
2. Less than 3 opponents , preferably HU.
3. Is the opponent loose? How often do they fold on the flop?
4. Do I have something that I want to show down rather than risk getting bluffed off if he reraises?
5. Texture of the flop.
6. Position
7. Position

Find another example where you made a continuation bet and post it with an analysis of the above 7 things.

Keep posting and asking questions ... I posted a lot of stupid questions to the forum and people helped me a great deal.