View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: If you had 30 seconds with Phil Gordon, what would you ask him?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from what i understand hes not that great of a poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

considering he drops over 200k in tournament entries a yr, no he's not.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you must be his accountant.

Remember because of his other responsibilities, Celeb POker and his three businesses, he does not get to play all the major tournaments. So he is not dropping as much in entry fees as other tourney regulars do.

To the OP: He did a reading at my university a couple weeks ago and it was very imteresting. He started out by talking about the 4 qualities that he sees all successful poker players (and successful people in general) having. Then he just opens things up for whatever questions the audience has. I was drawing a blank so I just sat back and enjoyed, it was a very interesting hour. If he doesn't bring up Hellmuth, ask him what he thinks of him, he makes it no secret that he absolutely hates the guy, pretty funny.

P.S. Gordon even admits that he is not a great player, but works hard and is always discussing things with his Ivey, Flack etc. but for you guys on here to say that he is just average is absurd. He is not one of the top 5 in the world, but he is a good that can hold his own.