View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: One man gathers what another man spills

I don't care for this preflop play. It looks to me like a crapshoot, and I don't care for being OOP with it.

With two Broadways and all one suit, this is not the kind of flop you were hoping for. At least you have that suit and it might be enough if utg has no spade. Thats a little thin to hang your hat on though.

Check/folding this flop might not be a bad idea. I'd guess JJ, QQ, or KK would be inclined to take this to showdown, as well as any ten or ace. That covers a lot of utg's raising hands.

However, if you want to continue, betting out seems like a logical continuation. I think you could fold to a raise.

Since you got to the turn, I think bet/folding would be much better than check/calling. I don't think you'll get raised by anything that doesn't include a spade, and if utg has a spade it will be better than yours anyway. There is always a chance of making utg fold when you bet. Check/calling eliminated some of your chances and left you with little more than hoping for a spade to come. If utg is aggressive enough to semibluff raise a Turn HU with only a flush draw, this is not the kind of guy I'd want to be challenging with 55 OOP from the get go anyway.

On the river, assuming you bet and just got called on the turn, you might score with a bet. You have a shot at folding anything besides an ace. You could fold to a raise.

Check/calling the River might be OK too if you had bet/called the turn. Villian would unlikely bluff without an ace or second pair as he would likely have you on at least a ten or a weak ace.