View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Dummy needs help with poker basics!

I have been told I am stupid and know nothing about NL by a top poker pro. He is too busy making money to tell me what basic concepts I am missing.

I believe NL poker is completely situational and your success is dependent on the decisions you make regarding the likelihood of opponents hands in certain situations and how they are likely to react to your check, bet or raise decisions.

Because decisons are made under uncertainty top players can easily disagree on betting decisons given their view of their opponents and their view of how their opponents see them.

These decisons can be honed through lively discussion on boards such as this where both sides can give their thoughts and opinions without fear of personal atacks.

I am a winning $5 $10NL B&M player for the past 2 years of play who would like to improve his game to move to the higher levels. My aggression and player reading capabilities need to improve to reach that next step and I look to this board for help.

I would be most appreciative of any advice or comments anyone may have about any faulty logic you see.

Thank you!