View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: $10+1 rebuy, in the money....

I've been burned by ATo so many times that I hate to have to push it UTG.

And I don't think you need one of the hands I listed in that range during the next orbit to push. That was my range for a UTG push. I'd need a lot less to push in a better preflop position. I'm folding because I think I'm going to get a hand that is pushable at least based on position (rather than hand strength) if I wait.

I'd rather wait and risk losing some FE and stack size to get a hand where I have better preflop position and have a better chance to buy blinds with less action behind me. But like I said, it's a really close fold for me. AJ I'd very likely push. I'd say AT is exactly on my personal borderline for fold/push for this situation.

Seems like most everyone else sees this as an easy push, so maybe this is a leak for me, but I don't really consider ATo a "gift" in this situation. Pushing UTG with a 1/3 average stack, you're very likely going to get called and the bad side of a coinflip is probably the best you're going to get out of it. If you wait until you have better position, you might have lost of a big portion of your stack, but at least you still have chips in front of you.