Thread: AQ SB Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: AQ SB Hand

[ QUOTE ]
a couple things:

1) was your intention to 3 bet push in over a raise with non insane action on the flop? and/or call a push?

2) this thread contains some decent discussion, but also some of the worst advice i've seen in a long time.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

1) My intention was not to three bet on the flop, and possibly to fold if there was a raise depending on circumstance. With 5 other players and a coordinated board of middles, I am not going to throw a lot of chips in here if someone fights back.

2) I am still thinking about this. I originally posted it just as a pot control hand, because this the type of hand I see a lot of people doubling someone up with. Now I am thinking I misplayed this preflop and that in the 33's there is some real value to raising pf here to thin the field and set up a post flop situation where you will be lead/folding, check/folding, or getting all your chips in where one party overvalues their hand (and hopefully that party isn't you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). In the 55's I would be much more leary of playing this hand in that manner, but I am really shocked at some of the play I am seeing in the 33's, it is beyond bad. I'm tempted to try some lower level STT's to see if it can possibly get worse.