View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Play a Foxwoods hand with me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I decided to check and see the action, with the intention of calling a bet. UTG bet 1k and folded to you. I decided to call and BB folded. Now heads up to the turn, pot is about 3.4k and UTG started the hand with about 10k.

Turn card is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Now, what is the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I checked again the turn, and he bet only 1k, so I decided to call the 1k with my pair and nut flush draw. Now the pot is about 5.4k.

The river card was 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I checked and he bet 3k, do you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

By my math there's t5400 in the pot prior to his bet. When the 8 hits, I'm inclined to bet out. If he hasn't got a set, he's going to have a hard time raising, so I think you can lay down if he does. Put out t2000-2500 and see what he says.

The problem with calling here is that I have a hard time putting him on a hand that you beat - with the king out there I think there is a good chance you are looking at a split pot. This, of course, complicates the pot odds (t3000 to win either t8400 or t4400), and I think leans more towards a fold.

That said, given the board your hand is pretty good, and he may just be trying to muscle the pot.

I don't know. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]