View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Sites Have Motivation to Reward Poor Players. Period.

[ QUOTE ]
The Sites maximize their earnings when they have players that are as evenly matched as possible playing as many hands as possible. If the sites had their perfect utopia we would all start with, say, $500, and play heads up for hours and hours until the rake would have eaten all of our money, save for a couple cents won by whoever won the last hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, this statement is retarded. You think this would be Utopia for a site? This would put them out of business. I'm going to give you a clue here... SITES WANT WINNING PLAYERS. Winning players are what attract everyone else. When people see that there are people playing poker, some making hundreds of thousands a year, they think, hey, I can do that. It's not that they are actually winning, its the dream that they can that keeps players going. Why do you think people play lottery? From a practical standpoint, EVERYONE is a losing player at lottery. The number of people who win is so statistically insignificant that for this arguments purpose I can make that statement. Yet, millions of people play it, they do because they see that one winner every now and again. A site where no one won in the long run, and everyone just traded money back and forth would go out of business. It would have no hope. Even here on 2+2, it is the stories of players like El Diablo, bk, james, that keep hope alive amongst posters here that they too, can one day win that much. I guarantee at least 25 percent, maybe 50 percent of the people who post on this site are losers, but they keep playing because they know that out there, there are winners, and maybe they can be one someday as well. So this central premise of your argument is flawed, thus making every argument you've made after it flawed as well.

Edit: Lock this damn thread. We have the same argument over and over and over and over and over and over, and its retarded already. Everything has been said 10 times before. The arguments on both sides have been flushed out. You did not have ANY original thoughts or claims in this post that you started.