View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: ****Official Michigan-Ohio State Thread****

[ QUOTE ]

Granted, I'll admit Ohio State has had a better season, but that doesn't mean we're pathetic. And last time I checked, records are thrown out the window when it comes to this game. How many times has the "favored" team been "upset"?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the proper statement to go with here. Even in years where one team is clearly superior to the other, it is still almost always close game because of the rivalry. In the last 15 years, the lower (or unranked) team has won 8 and the higher ranked team has won 6 (with one tie), so the fact that OSU is ranked ahead of Michigan means nothing. Here's a pretty good link to the history of the rivalry.

This also is the first game all season that Michigan is fully healthy, which had a major impact on our losses earlier this year. If you take the best player (Hart - all or parts of 4 games), best offensive lineman (Long - 3/4 of the season), best defensive lineman (Woodley - 2 games) and your two starting safeties (2.5 games each) away for multiple games, OSU wouldnt be much better than Michigan right now. Imagine if you had to play 4 games against good big 10/non-conference opponents with Zwick as your QB, lost Hawk for 2 games and had to start two freshman at saftey. You'd still be good and ranked, but you'd have 3 losses too. You already saw what happened in the Texas game with Zwick as your QB.

That all being said, it will be a great game in Ann Arbor this weekend. And no matter what happens, I'm rooting for MSU to upset PSU since they cant seem to get out of our thread and start their own.

And to Clarkmeister - this is a college football thread. Your team blows at football. Go away. If you want to talk [censored] about basketball, go start a college basketball thread (oh wait, you already did). I wont go in there and talk [censored] about how we own you at football. We suck at basketball right now, but we are improving and should be a halfway decent team this year.

Go Blue.