Thread: AQ SB Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: AQ SB Hand

My problem with raising here, even raising a lot, is I will likely have multiple callers and likely miss the flop. Also, I would not say there is nearly that high a chance I have the best hand since I am behind all pairs, and players with pairs are not folding at this level in my (limited) experience. If I raise, there is a good chance they won't fold postflop, either, so I am left in a tough spot if I miss since a continuation is not very effective here, but if I hit I could easily stack someone with a middling pair (less chance if I hit the ace).

So basicly, if I am raising I am only raising to clean up my hand for those times I hit and to get people mentally committed to the pot. I do this some times but I think complete here for 5 is fine, too.

Post flop of course shows the danger of limping, in that AQo is a TPGK hand and those don't play well in multi-way pots, especially OOP.

Results:
Whoever mentioned J9 getting there on the turn, when the turn came I thought "J9 just owned me if that's out". And it was. I don't like c/ring the flop becasue I hate if it gets checked through and I hate more building a big pot with a one pair hand out of position, especially when 6 meople saw the flop. On the turn I did not want to give a free card and I did not want to build a big pot (being OOP sucks). The river was pretty straight forward I think.

Edit - thinking about it some more, I should probably be raising here pf 80-90% rather than the 50-60% I do, maybe even always. The 33's are new to me, but I think I may have a higher hourly rate at them then at the 55's. I'll have to see how things go over the next 1-2K STT's.