View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Play a Foxwoods hand with me

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldve raised this pre, but since you didnt and now looked at the flop 6way i am not calling 1K OOP there.

considering that you made it to the turn i check it...
if he underbets, i would checkcall if he has you covered and checkraise allin if you cover him.
if he bets pot or more, muck quick and wonder why i called the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could raise preflop, but completing is more standard. It is generally not good to raise with marginal hands from the blinds. Raise only with big hands, and maybe with suited gappers or something if you need to disguise the blinds raise with big hands.

I am not sure what approach to take after the flop. However, TPNK is not much in a 5-way pot. You may well have the best hand both preflop and on the flop, but this is not easy to play.

I think you have to consider reads on opponents. This early, would people have limped with A7(s)-A2(s)? Would they have limped with AJ-AQ or AA? Aside from an ace, you have to be concerned about 99, 88, and 98s. JTs gives a draw.

I haven't played in $10K tournaments, but my understanding is these days there are a lot of loose fish early on, just like in the tournaments I play in. I would be looking to play speculative hands and try to get action when I flopped something big. I would be cautious with TPNK, because when you get action, it is hard to tell if someone is overplaying or has you beat.