View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Bankroll rush. Do you crush low stakes? Excuse my silliness

I'm a low stakes player.
What the others said about nut peddling, value betting, and not paying off the set miners is true as a basic strategy at low stakes IMO.

I'm wondering of the OP if you are posting straighforward questions or is this a sophistocated bad beat post/thread.

Why don't you go grab a couple dozen hands where you got spanked and post them in the low stakes forum to help you figure out why you got spanked and see if a pattern emerges. Also hands where you feel that you made a mistake in the moment, where you might not be stacking off but firing on the turn way too much with nada into passive players and calling stations, for example.

What are you really looking for?
People to tell you it's normal and expected and to not worry about it?
After playing that many hands, being an experienced player, you should be able to evaluate if you are making mistakes or running into variance.
I usually don't have loosing days at the low limits and hardly ever have a loosing week at low stakes (with the exception of tilting) and I play 5 tables with major overlap on a laptop computer. I also only read the mid/high forum and am coming to realize that I would be winning more if I didn't outplay myself on some hands, interpreting weak betting for trickyness rather than actual weakness, for example.

Also, I've read the following somewhere and found it to be true in my experience, and consider it tilting when I do it:

Players who believe they are much better than their opponents (which you often see from a player dropping down a few notches in stakes) feel they are entitled to their opponents money and play impatiently/overagressively, in efforts to get the cash now. They don't want to/don't think they should have to actually adapt to the table conditions and play winning poker in the context of the actual game they are sitting in.