Thread: KQo Checkup
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: KQo Checkup

[ QUOTE ]
Dudes....are we really debating preflop here??? It's 8-handed and he's UTG+1. This is a clear, easy raise. No debating.

I think the hand is fine and I would play it the same. The river bet has value from worse Q's and little pairs that had draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i raise this PF too..

I know we have no reads on villain and that sucks, but is there any merit to trying to induce a bluff on this river? I mean button CC preflop, so i dont see a hand he has thats worse than yours at the river. With his range I think you can check this river and see if he tries to bluff at this. Cause i dont think he's calling anything you beat.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this wraps up the river action. I think against the average unknown, I'll continue using this line because the average player at 2/4 is trustworthy and very bad postflop. This is not Q9 trying to push me off. But against more aggressive players, I think bet/folding this river can get dangerous and check/calling might be better. It's late though and I'll give it more thought tomorrow. Being in read-based situations without reads sucks.