View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

DJJ, sometimes I tend to just "agree to disagree" with people on issues. Abortion and the Death Penalty are examples.

On this one, you just seem to have a real lack of understanding of our constitution, natural law, and the role of guns in our society.

[ QUOTE ]
The second ammendment didn't give people the right to carry arms. The concealed carry laws did, and they are state laws. This is what we were discussing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, actually you are correct. Sort of. As other posters have pointed out, the right to self defense is not something that any government can grant or remove. It is one of those rights that have been "endowed by our creator" etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Times also change and so can the constition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the constitution can and has been amended many times in the past. This is how it can change. I get the feeling that you are more of the "judicial activist" kind of guy.

[ QUOTE ]
In addition to that, giving people the right to carry guns without any sort of training is not the way to form a well regulated militia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most states with shall issue laws require some training.

Are you in agreement that the militia consists of all able-bodied who can defend the country (i.e., not just the "naitonal guard"?)

Finally, the number of incidents where the mere presence of a gun by the defender thwarted an attack is huge but not easily documented. Statistics abound showing that the number of CCW permit holders who commit a crime involving a gun are miniscule. FBI interviews of convicted felons suggest that criminals do indeed think about whether their potential victims are armed and they may change their criminal behavior accordingly. States with concealed carry laws continue to show a decrease in the rate of violent crime.

All of this information has been presented to you throughout this thread yet you continue to live in a state of denial or ignorance. I don't see why.