View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Play a Foxwoods hand with me

I don't know B&M much at all so take this with a large grain of salt:

The flop is interesting. To start with, I like the check (betting gets raised too much and makes you check/fold the best hand on a lot of turns when you 'just' get called in multiple spots). So you check and UTG bets 2/3 of the pot into *6* people; even a bad player isn't bluffing when he does this. The question is what kind of hand is enough to satisfy his personal definition of not bluffing.

Here, I'd certainly call AQ. I think AT is close, but with the backdoor draws I'd think about taking one off. Having said that, realistically, you're saying he has JT or a weaker ace *and* is value betting it into this many people enough to make this worth while. I don't know that this is the case in a 10K buyin, snf I don't know what cards I like on the turn, so overall I'm not very happy with this call. But folding seems pretty weak and I don't think I could do it online vs. a loose player. Meh.

Once you see the turn, I think it's a clear check/call to keep the pot smallish (which fits in with what I was saying, because you caught good but have to check anyway.) If he does something weird like an underbet, I'd consider a CR to get rid of a JT or even AJ right now.