View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: One man gathers what another man spills

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, im not even sure i would isolate a guy with that even WITH position, unless you knew him pretty well postflop. And with him raising UTG, im not sure its worth getting involved?

Or am i missing something here?
Is the 41 number the number of hands you have on him, or his went to showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would ditch it pre-flop at most if not all 6-handed tables and many 5-handed tables -- but this is 4-handed and I think it's close / good. His stats seem to indicate that he knows what he's doing in a very general and broad fashion, and if that's the case then his range is really wide 4-handed.

I think pre-flop is close but I'd be three-betting more often than folding. I think your post-flop play is good. When he calls the flop, I think it generally means he's seeing a SD absent a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (which could produce a fold or a raise); thus I think a turn bet has little fold equity and putting in 2 on the turn blows. When he bets the river after you check, I think his range shrinks sufficiently that you should fold. Specific reads on his post-flop tendencies might make me want to bet the turn or take a different river line, but absent those reads this looks good to me.